When's the last time you saw a blog post thanking members for their donations? Hard to remember, right? Well, that's because the last time a donation was received was Pokey's over a month ago.
So in case you didn't know, or forgot, Richard's Animorphs Forum depends on donations by our users to be run. As I've pointed out in the past:
Here are a list of common expenses:
- Domains: 7 domains are currently paid for and being run under RAF.
- Servers: 2 shared servers are used by RAF. Server /host related costs fluctuate. We are charged for backups for instance.
- Software: RAF from time to time purchases software for users to use, or for development purposes.
- Advertising: a forum without members is not a forum after all. I use paid services to promote RAF. This is the biggest expense outside of regular expenses.
In case you're wondering if there are any perks for donors; you're in luck:
There are three tiers based on how much you donate (you know, reward those more who donate more)
1. If you donate less than $10:
Your account will reflect 9 Stars, enjoy all the privileges of the "God" Rank and your account will be able to store 1000 personal messages. You'll be credited 10 karma points and you'll have access to D-Lounge. This member position will only last for 6 months.
2. If you donate more than $10, but less than $50:
In addition to the above, your account will have 10 stars, and you'll be credited 20 karma points. This position will last for 1 year.
3. If you donate more than $50:
In addition to the above, your account will have 11 stars, your color changes to gold, you'll be able to store unlimited personal messages (for you chatter-boxes), when you view the forum there will be no advertisements, and you'll have all these privileges forever.
So what are you waiting for? Visit RAF Donate or just click on the donate link below!: